Friday, October 2, 2009

Yoga

I am back! We had an amaaaazing time in Florida. My parents are "the bomb". I'm so thankful for them taking us on that wonderful trip to see Mickey Mouse. I felt so relaxed the night we came home. Then the next day it hit me. The overwhelming anxiety of life and bills and budgeting and busyness. I couldn't believe how anxious I was! So I am doing a few things differently to try and kick this anxiety habit I have somehow formed.
The first thing is spending time with God FIRST thing in the morning. My day goes so much differently when I put God first, spend time in His word and prayer. I prayed for longer than I have in a long time yesterday and the joy and peace and energy I had afterward was amazing. I always wonder how I can KNOW that prayer changes my life and then forget to do it so often.
The other thing I'm trying is Yoga. I've noticed that I get into bed at night and I will be grinding my teeth together because that's how tense I am. So I picked a yoga show out on Netflix and said to myself, "If there's anything weird I'll just turn it off." So I did the whole thing. It was so nice and relaxing - just breathing and stretching. It felt great. Then at the very end the host said, "My divine inner light salutes your divine inner light." Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment